Incoming 9th Grade Information
For students who have already been accepted through the School of Choice Process:
Course Registration: Selecting your classes for next year:
- Parents and students attend a zoom meeting on January 25th at 6:00 pm hosted by our counselors explaining high school course options, possible scheduling, and electives. Click here to view a recording of the presentation.
- Following the presentation, FTHS staff will email parents a google form to indicate student course selections. Families must complete this google form by January 28th.
- Counselors will tentatively visit VUSD middle schools to confirm course selections:
o Balboa - February 6th
o Anacapa - February 5th
o Cabrillo - March 4th
o DATA - March 6th
o Lemon Grove - February 7th
o Sunset - March 5th
- Counselors will email all other school and private school families to validate course selections
Marking your calendars for next year:
- Following counselor visits to middle schools, and email confirmations to non VUSD families, our next communication will come in a summer mailer
- Students interested in playing sports for FTHS will indicate interest on the course registration google form (emailed after the 1/25 zoom meeting) and will receive communication based on their expressed interest
- FTHS will send a summer mailer via USPS mail to families, with start of the year information, in early August.
- The first day of school next year will be Wednesday, August 14th, 2024 from 8:30am-2:30pm
- Freshman orientation will take place on Monday August 12th, 2024. Times for the orientation will be confirmed and published in the summer mailer arriving in early August and will be posted on our school calendar on the FTHS website. At orientation, students will receive their schedules, take a tour of the school, and participate in general orientation activities.