Incoming 9th Grade Families
Incoming 9th graders – Steps for registration and getting ready to attend FTHS
2. Complete the Course Registration Form by February 3rd – see optional forms / information for registration below
3. FTHS counselors will visit VUSD middle schools to verify course selections the 2nd week of February. Students from outside of VUSD will verify course selections via email
4. New Student Orientation: Please join us for a new student orientation on Monday, August 21st. 9th graders meet from 8:30am - 12:50 pm in Spirito Hall with an optional pizza and games picnic from 12:50 - 1:30 pm. Students do not need to bring any materials with them. All students will take a tour, meet their teachers and receive their schedules. We will also have a new parent orientation on 8/21 at 6:30 pm for all new parents in Spirito Hall. View the New Parent Information Night slide show here.
Check out the FTHS calendar for other school events.
5. Students may view their official schedule on Q connection at 5pm on 8/21/23 if they aren’t able to make it to new student orientation.
6. The first day of school is August 23rd, 2023
Optional forms / information for registration:
· 9th grade placement waiver - for students from non-VUSD schools requesting to be placed in honors English or honors math 1. Current VUSD students will be placed through their VUSD school.
· Multi-site application to take music at your boundary high school
Please contact your counselor with any questions regarding registration