Incoming 9th Grade Families
Incoming 9th graders – Steps for registration and getting ready to attend FTHS
1. Attend the zoom meeting on 1/26/23 OR watch the video of the presentation here. Click here for the presentation in Spanish.
2. Complete the Course Registration Form by February 3rd – see optional forms / information for registration below
3. FTHS counselors will visit VUSD middle schools to verify course selections the 2nd week of February. Students from outside of VUSD will verify course selections via email
4. Families will receive information about new student orientation and new parent orientation (Dates TBD) during the first week of August via email and USPS mail – check the FTHS calendar in June for confirmed dates (typically during the week before school starts)
5. Students will receive their official schedule with teachers and periods at new student orientation – or on Q connection the night prior to school starting if they aren’t able to make it to new student orientation
6. The first day of school is August 23rd, 2023
Optional forms / information for registration:
· Information about the Advanced Studies Academy (ASA) (Spanish), (English)
· 9th grade placement waiver - for students from non-VUSD schools requesting to be placed in honors English or honors math 1. Current VUSD students will be placed through their VUSD school.
· Multi-site application to take music at your boundary high school
Please contact your counselor with any questions regarding registration