Girl's Water Polo
2022-23 Girls Water Polo Schedule - coming soon! (see Calendar tab for additional details/updates)
- Girls Water Polo Tryouts/Practice: 7/11-8/9, Mon-Thurs (12pm-2pm) @ Buena High School
To participate in tryouts/practice:
- Must be Academically Eligible.
- Students must be cleared through www.registermyathlete.com including sports physical clearance. See Athletics page for more info.
Please support our Girls Water Polo program by making an online donation here!
CIF Southern Section Championships
TCAA League Championships
- 2019-20 Varsity Team: League Champions, Tri-Valley League, CIF-SS Division 5 Qualifiers
- 2018-19 Varsity Team: 2nd Place League, CIF-SS Division 5 Qualifiers
- 2017-18 Varsity Team: Tied for 1st Place in League, CIF-SS Division 3 Qualifiers
- 2016-17 Varsity Team: 2nd Place League, CIF-SS Division 3 Qualifiers
- 2015-16 Varsity Team: CIF-SS Division 7 Runner-Up
- 2014-15 Varsity Team: CIF-SS Division 7 Champions
Home matches are played at Ventura Aquatic Center, 901 S Kimball Rd, Ventura
VISITING SCHOOLS: Click here for directions and information!
Winter Practice/Game Location: Ventura Aquatic Center at Ventura Community Park, 901 S. Kimball Road
Winter Transportation: There will be a bus provided to the Ventura Aquatic Center (VAC), leaving FTHS daily at 2:05pm (route 108). Students who are trying out or on the team should meet the bus in the front of the school immediately after their 5th/6th period. Practice will finish at 5:15pm and students should be picked up promptly from the VAC. Please see Karrie in the front office with any questions.
Coach Sarah Shah
Contact Coach Shah: firstname.lastname@example.org
(students, please don’t email from your @venturaedu.org email address, as delivery may be prevented by the district filters.)
Bio: Coach Shah has played water polo in Ventura County since the age of 12, competing with Gold Coast Water Polo Club, Buena High School, and Ventura College. She has served as Assistant Coach for the Santa Paula Girls’ Water Polo team for the past four years, and has also coached club. Coach Shah is the Head Swim Coach at St. Bonaventure and previously taught swim for 8 years, serving as Head Lifeguard and Swim Instructor at Ventura Aquatic Center for several years. She is currently attending Cal Lutheran to obtain her teaching credential in special education.
Jamaal Brown, FTHS Athletic Director; 805-289-0023, ext. 2703
FTHS Athletics Secretary; 805-289-0023, ext. 1016